Bench Therapy is considered out-of-network.
• In order to focus on the well-being of our clients, we do not work directly with insurance companies. It’s more important to provide you with the best possible treatment that is not limited in duration, frequency, or application by third parties. Additionally, operating on a self-pay system maintains absolute confidentiality of our clients; therapy records and avoids a diagnosis when not applicable.
• Payment is accepted in the form of a credit card, Health Savings Account (HSA), or cash.
• After you pay for the therapy session, you can request a detailed receipt of payment, referred to as a Superbill in the insurance world. Depending on your out-of-network insurance coverage, you may be able to submit this receipt independently to your insurance company for partial reimbursement.
Questions to ask your insurance company
If you’re not sure what your out-of-network benefits are, you can 1) contact your insurance provider, 2) ask some of these questions instead:
• Do you reimburse for out-of-network mental or behavioral health services?
• If so, what is my out-of-network deductible for mental or behavioral health services?
• Do you require pre-approval or pre-authorization of services before you will reimburse?
• Which mental health services (or service codes) do you cover/not cover?
• What is the allowable reimbursement amount? (This is also sometimes referred to as “eligible expense,” “payment allowance,” or “negotiated rate.”)
You Have The Power To Change Things.
Therapy Can Help
13722 Office Park Drive, Suite B
Houston, TX 77070